I’m looking for a new role as CTO or VP/Head of Engineering (or COO), or similar, remote or in Berlin (relocating is not an option for me).
I consider myself an empathic leader with a servant and a growth mindset. I focus on people first, making sure they can do their best work.
I have a founder and CEO background of building up a company from scratch and bring understanding of all parts of the business, their value, and the importance of communicating and collaborating across functions.
My areas of interest:
- Engineering and company culture of collaboration, shipping, and quality
- Business and engineering strategy
- Collaboration across the entire business
- Mentoring and coaching of (engineering) managers and leads
- Inclusion and diversity
- People and processes
- High performance organisations and teams
- Strong feedback loops across teams
- Remote teams and culture
- Culture shifts and transformations
My most recent work background:
- Founder (6 years) and CEO (4 years) at Travis CI: grew team from 10 to 50, managing a team of teams, engineering teams, leadership team and departments
- (Infrastructure) engineer turned leader, manager and team builder
- Product- and business-focus with a technology angle
- Focus: Developer tooling, B2B, building a business around open source, SaaS, enterprise software and sales
- Executive & leadership coach
You can learn more about my perspectives on leadership, management, coaching, company and engineering culture in these posts:
- Workflows That Help Me Stay (and Feel) Productive as a Manager
- The Most Important Thing About 1:1s (and Building Trust)
- Why Hiring for “Culture Fit” Hurts Your Culture
- From Open (Unlimited) to Minimum Vacation Policy
- A Short Story on Human Error
- Start Every Meeting with a Personal Check-in
I’m looking to join a growth stage B2B company (5-10+ MM ARR, or post Series A, and beyond; 25+ people in engineering) that values diversity and inclusion, where technology is a key part of the business, and where I can help grow and scale the engineering teams to the next level.